Taylor Pro College admits qualified students regardless of race, colour, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, sexual preference, age, religion, or physical disability.
Applicants must meet all the minimum requirements to be considered for admission and must have sufficient financial support for his/her study.
Taylor Pro College Placement Assessment may be required for academic programs if the candidate does not meet minimum English Proficiency requirements.
NOTE: Either Taylor Pro College or the applicant under any circumstances cannot waive the minimum admission requirements.
A face-to-face interview with the School Administrator/Office Staff is necessary before acceptance at Taylor Pro College. Alternatively, a virtual interview via Zoom is also conducted for applicants.
To be admitted as a regular student, please comply with the following requirements:
- At least 19 years of age for commercial license 1, 2, 4 and at least 18 years of age for a commercial Class 3 license
- A valid learner’s license for the class of drive you wish to take
- A copy of valid driver’s license (Class 1 to 5)
- A copy of current driver’s abstract
- A completely filled out school admissions application form. On this form, indicate how you plan to cover your tuition costs during attendance in the program, such as via financial aid, savings, etc.
- A medical certificate when requested by the school (where applicable), as completed by a licensed physician who certifies the applicant to be in good health and fit to undergo training
- Applicants must read and certify that they have read a copy of the school’s policies and procedures, any updates and inserts, and the enrolment and registration agreement.
If a student fails to meet the minimum admission requirements, neither the institution nor the student can waive the requirements.
To become eligible for any of our diploma programs, please present the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- Successful completion of the college’s admissions test
- Criminal record check
- Immunization report
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements by presenting evidence of at least ONE of the following:
- BC High School English 12 – minimum C (60-66%), (or equivalent in other school systems)
- BC High School Communications 12 – minimum C+ (67-72%), (or equivalent in other school systems)
- TOEFL PBT score of 500, or CBT 173, or iBT 61
- IELTS – minimum overall band test score 6
- CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 7
- Complete ‘Student Declaration – Addictions and Community Support Workers Programs’ form
Requirements can still vary from one program to another, so the applicant should be responsible for meeting the requirements set for every program.
Do you have any questions about the Admission Requirements? Contact us for more info.
If you meet all the admissions above, then the next step is to start applying! Find out
How to Apply
All applicants who wish to enrol in a Taylor Pro College program must participate in the following comprehensive admissions procedures before they can be accepted into any of the programs of study:
Interview (face-to-face or via Zoom) with an Admissions Officer to confirm the suitability of the program as well as discuss career and employment opportunities and challenges. An assessment of your motivation, needs, and expectations will be conducted.
Step 1: Fill out an online application form.
Step 2: Submit the completed form along with the following:
- A certified true copy of your highest diploma/degree
- A certified true copy of your transcript for the above diploma/degree
- Your Resume and recommendation letter (optional)
- A non-refundable application fee
Step 3: Once your application is reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation letter and an invoice.
Kelowna (Head Office) Location
2654 Norris Road, Kelowna BC, V1X 7L9
Toll-Free Number: 1-877-860-7627
4700 23rd Street, Vernon BC, V1T 5B8
Vancouver Campus Location
706 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6A 4C1
302 – 771 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 5A7