Upon completion of this course students will be able to efficiently manage their computer desktop, files located locally, across a network and in the Cloud and have a basic understanding of the structure of the Internet, directory hierarchies, storage devices, and file security.
Book an Appointment with Us Today!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and define key computer and software related terms.
- Describe the hardware, features, and functions of computer systems and be able to use each effectively.
- Describe computer operating systems, file hierarchy, and local, wide, and cloud-based networks and be able to use each effectively.
- Obtain, install, configure, update, and manage applications and apply basic trouble shooting techniques to hardware and application problems across a variety of devices.
- Identify the security risks associated with being connected to the Cloud.
- Identify how to protect personal and professional information when using any devices connected to the Cloud.
- Conduct fundamental Internet searches using available search engines and tools.
- Effectively use blogs, forums, wikis and other forms of social media.
- Describe emerging health related issues associated with prolonged use of connected devices.
- Students must complete an intake with recruitment team.
- Throughout the year
- Student will be assessed by daily attendance, assignments, and completion of in class activities.
To successfully complete this course, students must:
- Pass the final exam
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the scheduled classes
- Achieve a minimum overall score of 50%
- Assignments, participation, attendance and exams.
Digital device components and configuration
Continuation: Digital device components and configuration
Memory and storage
Local, wide, and Cloud-based networks
Directory structure, file hierarchies, file naming conventions
Storage devices and applications
Effective application installation, configuration, and management
Continuation: Effective application installation, configuration, and management
File creation, saving, copying, deleting, and management
Continuation: File creation, saving, copying, deleting, and management
File, network, and Cloud security issues and effective information practices
Course sequencing may vary
Online| On-campus| Combined