This course provides students with a foundation in management and maintenance practices of the physical plant and facilities of a hotel, restaurant, and/or recreation venue.
Book an Appointment with Us Today!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- State the goals of a facilities maintenance program.
- Rank order facilities operational and maintenance costs and explain how to minimize expenses and maximize the customer experience.
- Describe how maintenance management systems and technologies lead to operational efficiencies.
- Describe the economic, regulatory, and market factors that have led the industry to be at the forefront of environmental issues in the context of facilities management.
- Describe the principal measures facilities managers take to minimize and manage solid waste.
- Describe how water usage levels and waste water management systems are impacted by services offered and regulatory requirements.
- Explain the various components of industry electrical systems and identify elements of an effective electrical system management and equipment maintenance program.
- Explain the components of a heating ventilation and air conditioning system and identify elements of an effective management and equipment maintenance program.
- Define basic natural and artificial lighting terms and describe how natural light can be used to meet a building’s lighting and environment needs.
- Describe the components of a laundry service and explain how to minimize costs and environmental impacts while not impacting guest satisfaction.
- Describe hotel and restaurant planning and development processes.
- Students must complete an intake with recruitment team.
- Throughout the year
- Student will be assessed by daily attendance, assignments, and completion of in class activities.
To successfully complete this course, students must:
- Pass the final exam
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the scheduled classes
- Achieve a minimum overall score of 50%
- Assignments, participation, attendance and exams.
Managing facilities, tools and costs
Comparative variance analysis
Electrical systems and lighting
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
Course sequencing may vary
8 Weeks / 48 hours
Online| On-campus| Combined