This course introduces students to front office procedures from the time a reservation is made to customer checkout and account settlement. This course also examines the elements of effective front office management including planning and evaluation and the management of human resources.
Book an Appointment with Us Today!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how hotels are organized and explain how functional areas within hotels are classified.
- Summarize front office operations during the four stages of the guest cycle.
- Discuss the sales dimension of the reservations process and identify the tools used to track and control reservations.
- List the seven steps of the registration process and discuss creative registration options.
- Describe the process of creating and maintaining front office accounts.
- Identify functions and procedures related to the checkout and account settlement process.
- Discuss typical cleaning responsibilities of the housekeeping department.
- Summarize the steps in the front office audit process.
- Apply the ratios and formulas used to forecast room availability to maximize revenue.
- Students must complete an intake with recruitment team.
- Throughout the year
- Student will be assessed by daily attendance, assignments, and completion of in class activities.
To successfully complete this course, students must:
- Pass the final exam
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the scheduled classes
- Achieve a minimum overall score of 50%
- Assignments, participation, attendance and exams.
Front office operations
Safety and security
Front office accounting
Human resource management
Final Exam and wrap up
Course sequencing may vary
Online| On-campus| Combined