In a consumer conscious business environment all aspects of a hospitality operation, especially housekeeping practices, are critical to the ongoing success and growth of any one location. This course introduces the policies and practices of housekeeping management.
Book an Appointment with Us Today!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the role of a housekeeping department in hotel operations.
- Describe the importance of effective communication between housekeeping, the front office, and the engineering and maintenance division.
- Identify typical cleaning responsibilities of the housekeeping department.
- Identify techniques used to develop human resource skills in recruiting, training, and scheduling house keeping staff.
- Understand the safety and security needs of house keeping staff and guests.
- Develop a hazard communication program for the housekeeping department.
- Develop procedures to ensure efficient and cost-effective use of labour and supplies.
- Develop procedures for public area and other types of cleaning.
- Develop cleaning product selection criteria for beds, linens, and uniforms, and ceiling surfaces, wall coverings, furniture, and fixtures.
- Understand the basics of carpet and floor construction, the types of equipment used in carpet and floor care, and carpet and floor cleaning methods.
- Effectively manage a housekeeping budget without compromising staff or guest safety.
- Students must complete an intake with recruitment team.
- Throughout the year
- Student will be assessed by daily attendance, assignments, and completion of in class activities.
To successfully complete this course, students must:
- Pass the final exam
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the scheduled classes
- Achieve a minimum overall score of 50%
- Assignments, participation, attendance and exams.
Planning and organizing
Recruiting, training and managing staff
Guest room cleaning
Public area cleaning
Continuation: Public area cleaning
Safety and security
Continuation: Guest communication
Furniture and fixtures
Carpets and floors
Final Exam and wrap up
Course sequencing may vary
Online| On-campus| Combined