Addictions and Community Support Worker Diploma
The Addictions and Community Support Worker Diploma program is a 40-week program with 1,030 hours of training. It prepares a student to become an Addictions and Community Support Worker, ready to manage the administrative responsibilities of a wide variety of social assistance programs and services for individuals addressing addiction and post addiction strategies.
This diploma program focuses on preparing you to manage the administrative and implementation responsibilities of a wide variety of social assistance programs and services for individuals addressing addiction and post addiction strategies effectively.
This program is suitable for people looking for a career in social services and community support, assisting people with personal and social issues.
- You will gain a solid understanding of the social and community services available.
- You will be able to describe current models of addiction and treatment including pharmacological concepts and terminology. You will be able to describe addiction and recovery processes and recognize stages of change.
- You will be able to describe and discuss key prevention strategies, assessment and screening tools, intervention and relapse plans, and withdrawal and detoxification management and safety issues.
- You will be able to describe the issues, defining traits, intervention, and prevention issues facing high-risk populations.
- You will be able to articulate the impact on the client-counsellor relationship for cultural and diversity issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- Successful completion of the college’s admissions test
- Criminal record check
- Immunization report
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements
- Complete ‘Student Declaration – Addictions and Community Support Worker Programs’ form
- Complete each course with a final grade of at least 60%.
- Successfully complete the program practicum.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to pursue the following career options:
- Addictions support worker
- Group home support worker
- Community services worker
- Youth social worker
Program Duration: 40 weeks
Credentials Provided: Diploma
Fees: International-Domestic Students
- Tuition: CAD $10,000
- Application Fee: CAD $150
- Text Books: CAD $1,430
- Course Materials: CAD $250
- Other: CAD $250