Social Services Support Worker Diploma
This 32-week Social Services Support Worker Diploma is a program with 830 hours of training. Students prepare to be effective social services practitioners by acquiring the knowledge, skills, and values needed to provide support to individuals, families, groups, and communities in need and who are seeking support from a variety of available assistance programs and services.
This diploma program focuses on preparing you to be an effective social services practitioner by acquiring the knowledge, skills, and values needed to provide support to individuals, families, groups, and communities in need and who are seeking support from a variety of available assistance programs and services.
This is suitable for people looking for a career in community social services.
- You will gain a solid understanding of the social and community services available and the role of social services workers in improving the social welfare of individuals and communities.
- You will be able to recognize at-risk behaviours across a variety of groups.
- You will be able to describe the effects of psychoactive chemicals on target populations suffering from mental illness.
- You will be able to describe the effects of mental health in relation to addiction, diagnosis, and medications used in pharmacotherapy and the impact mental health may have on individuals or communities.
- You will be able to describe and discuss the issues, defining traits, intervention, prevention, and safety issues for those suffering from mental illness.
- You will be able to articulate the impact on the client-counsellor relationship for cultural and diversity issues.
- You will be familiar with resources available under the broad umbrella of the Canadian health care system.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- Successful completion of the college’s admissions test
- Criminal record check
- Immunization report
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements
- Complete ‘Student Declaration – Social Services Support Worker program’s form
- Complete each course with a final grade of at least 60%.
- Successfully complete the program practicum.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to pursue the following career options:
- Social services worker
- Community health centre worker
- Family social worker
- Child welfare worker
Program Duration: 32 weeks
Credentials Provided: Diploma
Fees: International-Domestic Students
Tuition: CAD $8,250
Application Fee: CAD $150
Text Books: CAD $1,226
Course Materials: CAD $250
Other: CAD $250